Interested in becoming a part of the Roy Strom family
We offer competitive pay and benefits along with a satisfying career. Check this page to see our current job openings.
Safety Director for various activities of Roy Strom Companies. This person will work collaboratively with management and field personnel in developing and implementing a “best in class” safety program for varied activities in the refuse and construction industries. Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in safety management. In addition, the candidate should possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as being a self-starter. Ideal position for a candidate who is seeking a challenge in creating a quality safety program. Strong skills in excel and word are essential.
Employer offers competitive salary with benefits including health insurance and 401k program.
Interested Candidates should email George Strom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roy Strom will accept applications for employment. By “clicking” on the identified General Driver/Laborer/Mechanic application line below the application can be accessed. All other employment positions application should be made in person at our offices unless other wise directed.
The Company may or may not be hiring when you submit this application. The application will be kept on file for approximately six months. DO NOT EXPECT a confirmation that your application was received. When a position opening occurs the applications on file and those specific to the announced opening will be reviewed and evaluated.
Some points to be aware of:
Driver positions require more than just driving. Drivers must not only drive but in most cases load waste material into the truck. Physically the driver may be required to:
- Perform repetitive lifting, pushing, and pulling of items that weigh in excess of 75 pounds.
- Potentially mount and dismount your vehicle from 600 to 1000 times every shift.
- Work outside in the elements every day no matter what the conditions.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Valid class A or B commercial drivers license / airbrake endorsement
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- No drivers license suspensions, revocations, or DUI convictions within the past three years.
- Ability to read and write, and effectively communicate with customer service representatives and supervisors.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check, and Department of Transportation physical
Journeyman Mechanic Welder
Journeyman Mechanic Welder
Roy Strom Refuse Removal Service, Inc.
Maywood, IL 60153
The individual will perform maintenance, repair and welding on a variety of refuse and recycling equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the causes of errors or other problems or defects.
- Service, repair, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primary on the basis of mechanical principles.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal.
- Inspect diesel vehicles including motors, pumps, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions.
- Checks all welding equipment prior to use, such as: regulator, hoses, torch assemblies, insulation and connection wires to ensure safe operation.
- Welds metal with appropriate rod, utilizing standard welding techniques for the job at hand.
- Ability to weld all grades of steel.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded.
- Provide proof of a clean safety record.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to trouble shoot problems with refuse equipment and repair and replace necessary parts
- Diesel engine repair experience
- Must have experience welding on heavy equipment and diesel powered vehicles
- Forklift and other necessary equipment experience
- Equipped with tools necessary to complete workload
- Able to work any shift and overtime
- CDL Preferred
- Waste Industry Experience Preferred
Local 701 Union Wages and Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
- Welding: 3 years
- Diesel Mechanic: 5 years
- Hydraulics: 3 years
Experience: 3 years of work in the field. Interested parties please email@example.com.
Roy Strom Company is seeking an Earthwork Superintendent to manage multiple projects in the Chicago area. Knowledge and proven application of all phases of earthwork is required to meet Strom’s scope of services including mass excavation, building excavation, site grading and site remediation. Candidate will have skills to provide overall on-site administrative and technical management through planning, coordination, and supervision of craft employees to ensure the project is constructed in a safe manner and in accordance with design, budget, schedule and quality. Please apply to Mark Parus firstname.lastname@example.org fax resume to 708-344-4000.
Winter Seasonal Driver
Part Time Salt Truck Driver – Must know manual stick shift.
Interested Ask for Jim 708-344-5000 EXT 229